Restrain for machines which are based on antivibration mounts during excitation of external forces
SeismiCon Seismic Restraint is used to:
- Limited displacements of machines during seismic stimulation.
- Restrain machines which are based on anti-vibration mounts during excitation of external forces.
Machines based on anti-vibration mounts such as springs, elastic pads etc., during external stimulation (e.g. earthquake, wind, twister etc.) can develop critical displacements.
These displacements may stop the operation or even cause serious damage to the machines.
SeismiCon Seismic Restraint could resist the imposed forces and limit the movement of equipment to all three directions. They can sustain earthquake forces such as tension, compression, shear.
The restraints also prevent the creation of sound bridge between the machine and its support base, due to their internal neoprene bushing resilient limit stops, thus the vibrations during normal operation are not transmitted.
- Four Vibro-SeismiCon seismic restraints should be installed, one on every side of the machine, near the corners of its base.
- The application of the restraint must be done after the installation and the operation of the machine. Afterwards, restraint can be regulated in height.
- Metal sheets additions could be screwed or welded on the restraint’s parts, if it is necessary to be adapted with special needs of installation.
- It must be ensured that the machine frame and also the building structure have the necessary strength to remain both attached to the SeismiCon, during an earthquake or extreme wind loading.
Some applications of Vibro-SeismiCon can be shown below: